The end product associated with a decided lack of true productivity

We have a lion in my office that was left by a child several years ago. Here is his picture:













I placed him on my cable modem in plain view of everyone who came into the office hoping that someone would claim him. No one ever did, and I felt sad about it because he is a Webkinz and they were rather popular for a while and I am sure that some child was very happy at one time to have this toy. Anyway, I leave him on top of my cable modem just in case his owner ever makes a claim. He is our office mascot, and I have come to enjoy his company every day.

Today I was cleaning and organizing because I couldn't settle myself into documentation. I found a bunch of stray toys. I found the following:

1. a yellow clothespin that goes to a full set
2. an orange sheep that is matched to a full set of parent/baby animals
3. a green peg that goes to a pegboard activity
4. blue and yellow blocks that are part of a construction set
5. a peg from the BOT-2 (a motor test)
6. scissors
7. an ant from Ants in the Pants
8. the letter A from a wooden puzzle
9. a lion that goes with a set of jungle animals
10. an orange pencil gripper
11. the letter P that goes to a bead stringing set
12. a small red lion that goes to Mastermind Jr.
13. a yellow triangle that goes to a parquetry set

Here is the collection:









Undoubtedly, parents are familiar with the phenomenon of stray pieces of toys and games being lost or misplaced. It happens here too and periodically I round everything up and try to return toys to their proper home.

I decided to take a more proactive approach and create a temporary 'home' for all stray pieces and parts. Here is the picture:









I think I want to keep it in a central location, maybe near the lion. It makes sense to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deconstructing the myth of clothing sensitivity as a 'sensory processing disorder'

On retained primitive reflexes

Twenty years of SIPT - where do we go next?