Guest entry: Advocating for canine training programs that benefit veterans

A number of my students at Keuka College have been working on policy and advocacy projects that I wanted to share.  The students researched a topic of their interest, met with their legislators, and developed a broad action plan to increase awareness of their topics.  

This information is provided courtesy of Nina Fusco, a graduate student who is interested in increasing awareness to HR 3016, particularly those sections that support canine training programs that would benefit veterans who have PTSD and other conditions.


"The Veterans Employment, Education, and Healthcare Improvement Act is a federal bill currently in committee in the Senate. Upon meeting with a legislative aid from Senator Gillibrand's office, it was recommended to me that attaining statewide and nationwide support would be the best course of action. Support from both New York and the nation will help push to amend and reintroduce Veterans Employment, Education, and Healthcare Improvement Act. 
I have provided a link to a presentation I created on this bill, that I have posted on YouTube. 

I hope you will consider taking a few minutes out of your day to watch and listen, and getting back to me with some feedback.  Thank you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deconstructing the myth of clothing sensitivity as a 'sensory processing disorder'

On retained primitive reflexes

Twenty years of SIPT - where do we go next?